Why I collect your personal data and what I do with it in accordance with the data protection laws enforced in May 2018.
When you supply your personal details to Angela Terris they are stored and processed for 4 reasons:
1. I need to collect personal information about yourself in order to provide you with the best possible coaching and training. Your requesting coaching and training and our agreement to provide that service constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that I would not be able to provide your service.
2. We have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it I couldn’t do my job effectively and safely.
3. I also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with me or to update you on matters related to your coaching and training. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
4. Provided I have your consent, your contact details will be added to my e-mail list where I may occasionally send you general information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let me know by any convenient method.
I have a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after your most recent appointment (or age 25, if this is longer), but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish. My policy is to destroy records annually that are over 8 years from the last visit.
Your records are stored:
electronically (“in the cloud”), using a specialist project management service. This provider has given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected.
on my office computers. These are password-protected and backed up regularly.
on my phone and tablet. These devices are thumb print-protected and the electronic cloud services I use are password-protected and fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations.
I will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
• I use gmail to coordinate our emails, so your name and email address may be saved on their server.
From time to time, I may have to employ consultants to perform tasks which might give them access to your personal data (but not your coaching or trainingl notes). We will ensure that they are fully aware that they must treat that information as confidential, and we will ensure that they sign a non-disclosure agreement.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask us to erase your records.
I want you to be absolutely confident that I am treating your personal data responsibly, and that I am doing everything I can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course, if you feel that I am mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to what is referred to in the jargon as the “Data Controller”. Here are the details you need for that:
Direct to Angela: 07790339090
If you are not satisfied with this response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.